When I wanted to apply for direct entry for one of my younger brothers who studied chemical engineering in the polytechnic, one of the things I quickly checked for was the list of Nigerian Universities that accepts lower credits for direct entry applicants because the boy actually got lower credit from his national diploma program.
Though I doubted if any university would go as low as possible to had accepted lower credit into 200level. But thank God for internet and information, He later applied one of the universities that accepted it, and today he is a 400level student in engineering.
So What Are The List Of Universities That Accept Lower Credits For Direct Entry Into 200 Level In Nigeria?
Direct admission requirements into Nigerian universities varies from schools to schools. Also varies from departments to departments because some school accept lower credits for some courses why they demanded for upper credit in the same school. So be calm to see some of the list of those schools and their possible courses.
Here are few universities in Nigeria that accept lower credit for direct entry (DE)
- University of Ilorin, Unilorin accept lower credit for History, Performing Arts, Mathematics…
- Ahmadu Bello University, ABU Zaria in some courses.
- Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto accepts lower credit in some courses also
- Most Of The Nigerian Private Universities accept lower credit
- University of Jos, UNIJOS.
- University of Calabar, accepts lower credit in some courses
- Anambra State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT.
- Niger Delta University, NDU also accepts lower credit for direct entry admission
- Igbinedion University, Okada. You can apply with lower credit.
- Nasarawa State University (NSUK), Keffi.
- Most State Universities accept lower credit for direct entry (DE)
Though, these are few of the Nigerian Universities that accept lower credit for direct entry program, therefore all you need to do before you apply for any school of your choice, kindly check the school websites and look for their direct entry requirement. This will guide you know whether they accept lower credit or not.