In case you applied for admission into Lagos State University and has been waiting for when the post UTME would be announced. It is our pleasure to inform the general public that LASU post UTME and Direct Entry
screening form for the 2017/2018 academic session is now on sale. The
cut-off mark for UTME is 190. The non-refundable LASU Internet Access fee of N3,000; while the non-refundable Screening fee of N2,000. The closing date is now 26th of September 2017
If you applied for DE or UTME into LASU, kindly check the details of the admission screening exercise to know if you are eligible to participate or not.
Requirements For LASU Post UTME & Direct Entry
who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice
Institution in the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations
(UTME), and have scored a minimum of 190 marks are eligible to
participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition,
Candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2017.
Pre-Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their
studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State
University in the 2017/2018 Academic Session, who must have chosen Lagos
State University as their First Choice Institution in the 2017 Unified
Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), and have scored a minimum of
190 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening
- ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU
Foundation (JUPEB) Programme, who wish to be considered for admission
into Lagos State University for the 2017/2018 Academic Session, who must
have obtained Direct Entry Form from JAMB are also eligible and must
apply for the screening exercise.
- Candidates of Lagos State
Origin, for 100 & 200 Levels who have proved their claims before the
Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) set up by the
Lagos State University.
List of Available LASU Accredited Courses
- – Arabic
- – English
- – Christian Studies
- – French
- – Islamic Studies
- – History & International Studies
- – Music
- – Theatre Arts
- – Portuguese / English
- – Philosophy
- – Yoruba
- Arabic Education
- – Christian Studies Education
- – Islamic Studies Education
- – English Education
- – French Education
- – History Education
- – Yoruba Education
- – Biology Education
- – Chemistry Education
- – Mathematics Education
- – Physics Education
- – Physical & Health Education
- – Health Education
- – Computer Science Education
- – Educational Technology
- – Business Education
- – Accounting Education
- – Educational Management
- – Geography Education
- – Economics Education
- – Political Science Education
- – Law
4. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
- – Agriculture
5. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- – Public Administration
- – Marketing
- – Accounting
- – Banking & Finance
- – Business Administration
- – Management Technology
- – Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- – Insurance
6. SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION
- – Mass Communication
- – Biochemistry
- – Botany
- – Chemistry
- – Fisheries
- – Mathematics
- – Microbiology
- – Physics
- – Zoology
- – Computer Science
8. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
- – Medicine
- – Physiology
- – Dentistry
- – Nursing
9. SOCIAL SCIENCES
- – Geography & Planning
- – Psychology
- – Economics
- – Political Science
- – Sociology
10. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT
- – Transport
- – Mechanical Engineering
- – Electronics & Computer Engineering
- – Chemical and Polymer Engineering
LASU Online Screening for all Candidates.
Screening of Candidate(s) will be based on Point Grading System, using
the UTME Score and SSCE (or equivalent) Grades in Five (5) BEST RELEVANT
subjects to Candidate’s Choice of Course.
are advised to visit JAMB website to study the O’ Level subject
requirements for their Course of choice before participating in the
online Admission Screening.
LASU Grading Point For Admission
The Point grading system is as follows:
OLEVEL SSCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) GRADING POINTS
TOTAL OBTAINABLE: 50 %
should know that both payment and registration/updating would last for
three weeks i.e. from Monday, 28th August to Friday, 22th September 2017
Please NOTE that the deadline for the Screening
(Friday, 15th September, 2017) is STRICTLY adhered to, as there will be
NO extension of the date.
All Online Screening complaints should be channeled to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply for Lagos State University Post UTME Online
A. ONLINE PAYMENT
Prospective Candidates will visit www.screening.lasu.edu.ng and select MAKE PAYMENT option in the drop down list at the top to PAY:
i. non-refundable LASU Internet Access fee of N3,000;
ii. and non-refundable Screening fee of N2,000.
- The Prospective Candidates would be required to submit the following:
- JAMB Registration Number
- Surname, First name, Middle name
- Email Address and telephone number (both must be active and personal to the applicant)
- Click on PROCEED
the next page, a TRANSACTION ID to be used for PAYMENT would be
displayed. The candidate should copy this TRANSACTION ID and proceed for
PAYMENT at http://www.quickteller.com/lasu
- On http://www.quickteller.com/lasu page,
- Click on PAY
- Enter your email address, GSM number.
- Also enter the Transaction ID copied in step 3 above
- Proceed to enter details of your ATM Card
- Click process payment
your payment receipt from the screen. A transaction message will be
sent to your email and GSM, hence the need to use your personal E-mail
address and GSM number.
B. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR ALL CANDIDATES
After successful payment for LASU 2017/2018 Online Admission Screening
Exercise, return to screening.lasu.edu.ng and CLICK CONTINUE
REGISTRATION Button to print your screening PIN.
Use your JAMB Registration Number AND the printed screening PIN to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform at https://services.lidc.lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening for the screening after selecting UTME or Direct Entry (DE) Button.
- Carefully fill in your personal details as required
- Upload passport photograph NOT MORE THAN 20KB (JPEG)
- Save and proceed
- Carefully enter your UTME details
- Scan and Upload UTME result slip NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
- Save and proceed
- Select number of O’ Level sitting(s)
- Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) NOT MORE THAN 20KB (PDF)
- Save and proceed
- Input required O’ Level details
- Save and proceed
must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their
desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except
Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY One (1) sitting.
who wish to study any Engineering Course must possess Six (6) O’ Level
Credits in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language, one
Science subject and any other subject, ONLY if the O’ Level result used
is Two (2) sittings.
- Candidates with Awaiting Result status are
eligible to apply for the screening but the awaited result must be
uploaded latest Friday, 15th September, 2017.
- Candidates with Awaiting Result status are also eligible to apply for the screening.
- Credit in English Language is compulsory for admission into all courses in Lagos State University.
of Lagos State Origin who have proved their claims before the
Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (IIVC) MUST fill in
their IIVC Code on the screening portal.
- Note that ANY EXAMINATION TAKEN AFTER JULY 2017 IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Carefully preview all details supplied and CERTIFY that they are correct
- Click the “I CERTIFY” button if you agree with all details as displayed in the Preview.
ticking the “I Certify” button, the Candidate confirms that the
screening will be premised ONLY on the supplied information as the
screening decision is final. If you do not agree to the stated terms you
will not be permitted to go beyond this point.
- Click the “Continue” button
- After submission, you will be redirected to the Screening Homepage
- Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER then click DOWNLOAD RESULT to generate your SCREENING REPORT.
Kindly act fast and apply for LASU post UTME before the closing date. Then make sure you prepare for the admission screening. We wish you all the best.