I just felt this is the right time to talk about this once and for all, since most of this year prospective direct entry applicants keep asking for what is the meaning of Jamb regularization, jamb regularization deadline, jamb regularization fee and how to get jamb regularization number. Since this is new to most people, I will use this post to discuss all about regularization.
Then, if you are a direct entry applicant then, all you need to do is to obtain your DE form from Jamb office and fill the form appropriately. You don’t even need to go to cafe because you can do it with your phone since there was no biometric.
So What Is Jamb Regularization or Late Application?
The only question that will come to your mind when you heard of this phrase is ”What is Jamb regularization?
This simply means reconciliation of your OND/ND/NCE/HND admission between your institution and Jamb. I hope you understand what I mean? In case you don’t, let me explain Jamb regularization in another way.
Meaning Of Regularization In Practical
When you got admission into your previous school, Polytechnic, College of Education or any other ones. There are chances that your polytechnic or college of education
admitted you then without Jamb’s Knowledge or approval. This could happened in two ways:
1. You were admitted as a part time student who did not write jamb to secure the admission. So you don’t even have Jamb number.
2. You wrote Jamb and you got admission but your school did not notify Jamb of your admission. Even though you have Jamb number.
Whatever the situation is, you are in the same problem.Read: Can I Gain Admission Without Jamb Regularization With Direct Entry?
How To Know You Have Regularization Problem Before You Obtain Direct Entry Form
This is not funny, because you might not have been aware if not that you want to obtain direct entry form, or you want to go to NYSC.To know if you have this problem. Follow the steps below:
- Go to www.jamb.org.ng
- Scroll to the year you wrote your jamb (e.g 2013)
- Click on Check admission Status
- Enter your Jamb number and click enter.
You will get a message like ‘Sorry no admission is given yet’
Note: The above procedures is to be carried out only by those who have a Jamb number. In case you were a part time students then, you entered without taking Jamb, don’t bother to check. I will tell you what to do.
Either you have Jamb number or part time students, you are both in the same problem.
Follow these steps to do JAMB Regularization
You are to pay N10,000 for JAMB regularisation to JAMB account either through direct online payment or through remitta. Your school is not expected to charge you anything. Kindly follow the procedures below to regulaise your admission today
- Visit www.jamb.org.ng
- Select “Late Application”
- Create a JAMB profile (Requires a valid email)
- Login through the account created
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Late (Retroactive) Application”. This is available on the side bar
- Once selected, the menu item “Late Application” will be revealed. Click this.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service.
This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font.
The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction.
A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card
immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or
Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section”
An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, the application form will be
displayed. You are to fill the application form online. Please take note of mandatory fields.
- Click Submit to complete your application
- After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
- This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
- Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
- Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
- Then you would be sent a new JAMB Number to register your direct entry or to register your NYSC.
When Is Jamb Regularization Deadline?
No date will be announced for closing. You just have to act fast and almost immediately. Jamb may not announce the deadline for regularization. Your direct entry form closing date is what you have to consider. But try to follow the procedures above. So that you can complete your direct entry form almost immediately.
Note: The same procedures applies to prospective NYSC corpers who want to go for NYSC but are facing Jamb regularization problems.
I hope this helps?