Do you intend to apply for direct entry into nursing and you don’t know how to go about it? This post is for all applicants who want to obtain direct entry admission into Nursing progam in Nigeria. This post will guide you towards having a successful application for nursing into any Nigerian University, telling you the admission requirements, and guide you how to apply
General Direct Entry Admission Requirements Into Nursing In Nigerian Universities
O’Level Requirements: Direct entry applicants into nursing must first of all meet up with the O level admission requirements before looking into the additional admission requirements.
- Five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and one Science subjects chosen from Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Hygiene, Health Science, Further Mathematics and General Science.
In addition to Various requirements from different Universities In Nigeria
- Two ‘A’ level passes from Biology/Zoology, Chemistry and Physics plus 3 other ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, Physics and English Language.
- UNN accepts: (a) candidates for Anaesthesia who possess Diploma in Nursing Anaesthesia will have an advantage. Those without the Diploma will be required to undergo a six months post graduation internship at own expense before professional registration. UNN also requires Certificate of Registered Nurse (RN) or SRN plus UTME requirements.
(b) Nurses registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (N&MCN), who also possess UTME requirement
(c) Three GCE “A” level certificate with passes in Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry in not more than two sittings plus UTME requirement.
(d) First degree holders in related disciplines are eligible to apply.
- JOS requires three ‘A’ level and passes in Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Zoology plus ‘O’ level credit passes in Mathematics and English Language.
- BIU and University Of CALABAR require NRN or its approved equivalent plus five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language and one Science subject from the subjects as listed in “Direct Entry Requirement” column plus two years registration nursing of experience.
- ABU Zaria requires at least one year post registration experience.
- EBSU, LAUTECH and OAU accept an RN Diploma or its equivalent (as approved by Senate) plus ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- PHC and NDU – Do not Accept direct entry applicants
- University Of IBADAN requires 2 A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics plus UTME requirements.
- FUTO accepts OND/HND at Upper Credit level in Environmental Sciences , Dental Technology, Laboratory Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology and Prosthetics and Orthopaedic Technology
- LAUTECH accepts:
(a) (i) GCE ‘A’ Level or its approved equivalent with passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics (or Zoology)
(b) Registered Nurse (RN) Certificates(plus UTME requirements)
(c) First Degree of LAUTECH approved by Senate in any related courses or profession(plus UTME requirements)may be considered for admission.
d) Holders of Advance Diploma Certificate from OYSCANS as approved by the Senate
- OAU accepts Certificate of Registered Nurse (RN) or SRN.
- CALABAR also accepts B.Sc Biological Sciences plus O/L requirements.
- AAU accepts
(i) Registered Nurse/Midwife RN, RM with one year post registration experience; as well as RN,RPN or RN,RNA, or RN,RNT for DE admission. They must also satisfy UTME requirement.
(ii) A good first degree in related field e.g Biochemistry, Anatomy, Human Physiology, Health Education,
If You can’t find detailed information about your school here, kindly visit the school’s website for more details
How To Apply For Direct Entry Nursing Into Any Nigeria University
To buy direct entry form, it is the sole responsibilities of Jamb to sell it or distribute it to those outlet where you can buy it. Therefore, you can buy direct entry PIN in the nearest Jamb office or any designated bank. You can get your self registered in only JAMB Accredited centers in all States of Federation. Don’t send money to anyone who claims he can buy DE form for you in the school.
Gone are those days when you can fill it yourself. When I obtained my own the first and the second times, I filled it online myself after obtaining the card. But now, the introduction of thump printing and scanning made it impossible for you to do it yourself.
So you will have to take it to an accredited cafe, just like you did for jamb. Pay them to fill it for you. All you need to do is to go there with all academic and personal information. Then choose the school of you choice and submit online. Thereafter, you would be requirement to submit your documents with the print out to any nearest Jamb office.
Some schools may require you to forward your previous academic transcript to them, while some won’t. Whatever the case may be, just get yourself updated with the school website. You can also check here for update.
I hope this help
PASS 2018 UTME WITH 280+ .:- DOWNLOAD the JAMB CBT Software Used By SAMUEL Last Year to Score 298 in UTME HERE
ADS: WISH TO STUDY ABROAD?:- STUDY, WORK AND LIVE IN UK or USA in 2018, FILL Application Form HERE NOW
TIRED OF JAMB?: Gain Admission To 200Level Without Jamb-UTME Through IJMB or JUPEB Program, Any University, Any Course. Forms Now On Sale.08027204345, 08032494303