If you are a regular student who have interest in seeking scholarship, you must have heard of PTDF scholarship scheme. The PTDF Scholarships scheme is open for application for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study in Nigeria and Overseas. The 2016 application process for PTDF scholarship is out and the closing date is December 2016.
- PTDF Scholarship Application Deadline: 31st December 2016
- Offered annually? Yes
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Scholarship To be taken at (Universities): Overseas and Nigerian higher institutions
- Eligible Fields of Study: Mainly engineering, technology and engineering management courses
Basic Information About Scholarship: The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the manpower needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
Its mission therefore is to train Nigerians to qualify as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the field of engineering, geology, science and management in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria or abroad.
To ensure a steadfast implementation of this mandate, PTDF scholarships is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas and in-Country MSc and PhD Scholarships. Awards will be granted for studies in the 2016/2017 academic session in the United Kingdom Germany, Australia, USA and France (Grenoble INP) as well as PTDF upgraded Universities in Nigeria. However, the Undergraduate level will be awarded for studies in Nigeria only on subject areas listed below.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: Students interested in the PTDF scholarships must fulfill the following:
MSc (OSS And LSS
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (USA).
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA).
- GMAT – for Management related courses (USA).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK).PhD (OSS And LSS)
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience;
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate;
- Applicants must be computer literate;
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; (At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO); and
- Employment in the academics in reputable Nigerian Institution, teaching oil and gas related disciplines;
- A minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a minimum of merit as a second degree certificate in an oil and gas related discipline;
- Submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology relevance to the industry and mode of data collection;
- Possess a valid admission letter; and
- Must not be over 40 years of age
For information on the Split-Site PhD Programme
- Number of Scholarships: Several
- Value of Scholarship: Full scholarship
- Duration of Scholarship: for the duration of the degree programme
How to Apply For PTDF: Application forms can be accessed online using
an ATM (Interswitch, Master & Visa) card or through purchase of a
scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc
in all the 36 States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum
of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the
form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shallnbe shortlisted and invited for a Computer Based Aptitude Test, in the
case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD
applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later.
Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
Applicants are advised to scan the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result;
- NYSC discharge certificate;
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results;
- 2 Recent Passport Photographs;
- Local Government Identification Letter;
- Masters’ Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only); and
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSSESSION OF A VALID UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER IS COMPULSORY FOR LSS (UNDERGRADUATES, MSC & PHD) APPLICANTS TO THE PTDF SCHOLARSHIPS.
Sponsors: The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF)