As I had earlier promised, I will always write here to help you get through the admission process for 2017/2018 academic session. As an applicant who is awaiting admission screening into your University of choice (either posted or not posted by Jamb), you will want to know what are the documents you needed to get ready before your school calls for admission screening exercise.
With this post, I will list out all of the documents you would be required to present at your University’s admission screening point. Mind you, the screening could be online or screening, whatever the case may be, you will need all the documents and you need to get them ready as soon as possible in order not to be delayed.
Documents Needed By UTME/Direct Entry Applicants For Admission Screening Exercise
Find the documents listed below and how you can get them.
1) O’Level Result: This is the first thing all applicants will need except those with awaiting result. Your O’Level result is your SSCE result which could either be WAEC, NECO or NAPTEB. Whatever you have among them, you need to get them ready..
Make sure you are using a printed SSCE result from online or if you’ve written your SSCE for 4years and above, you should get the certificate. It is expected that your SSCE certificate should be ready three years after you sat for it. So if you are yet to get it and its available, kindly get it ready.
You can combine two O’level results in case your O level is not complete at once. You can combine WAEC with NECO or With NAPTEB. You can just combine it anyhow in as much as the combination will give you five credits including Maths and English even though the years are different. You may also go with your O’level scratch card result checker.
Note: Credit passes in English and Mathematics is compulsory. Awaiting result applicants should go with evidence that they are waiting for result.
2) JAMB Result: Your JAMB result is very important and you need to get it printed and keep it neat. You can even make it a colour printing to make it attractive to the panels. Don’t go there and be running up and down for a cafe where you can print your JAMB result.
3) B.sc/HND/ND/NCE Certificate/statement: This is mainly for direct entry applicants who want to gain admission directly into 200/300level. You should also come with your direct entry registration print out. Jambites you are not concern with this. Don’t go and be searching around for what you will never get.
4) Birth Certificate/Declaration Of Age: Remember you filled your date of birth when you were completing your JAMB form. So your school will like to see a document backing it up. If you don’t have a birth certificate just like me, kindly go to any court to obtain a declaration of age. It will cost you less than N500.
5) State Of Origin Certificate: If you don’t have this, just tell your parent to get it for you as soon as possible. It a long process to get, so the earlier the better…Or go to your local government of origin to get it. Just get it ready.
6) Your University’s Screening Registration Form: If your school’s admission screening is out and you’ve registered. You will have a print out at the end of the registration. Make sure you come along with the printed form.
In case your screening is through physical contact, you need to dress well and neat. Make sure your documents are well arranged. Don’t take alcohol to the screening center, don’t chew gum, avoid excessive make up, appear well and behave well. Don’t dress too rugged so that they won’t assume you are a court or prospective court member.
I wished you all the best dear.