If you are tired of writing JAMB and you still want to obtain your degree in any Nigerian University, this information will be useful for you. Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a program that students can enroll for without JAMB and immediately after passing the required courses in the program, you can gain admission into any University into 200level through direct entry (UNN and other affilaited universities).
In case you don’t want to stay at home for another one year waiting for JAMB, you can put in for this program. The application form for 2016/2017 is now out for UNN, and you can now obtain it following the details and requirement below:
Admission Requirements Into UNN JUPEB:
Eligible candidates must possess minimum of 5 Credits at maximum of two
sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant
to the candidate’s desired course of study in the University.
DURATION: The duration of the programme is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
AVAILABLE SUBJECT COMBINATIONS:
- History/Literature/Christian Religious Studies (HLCRS)
- Economics/History/Literature in English (EHL) – History/Igbo/CRS (HICRS)
- Igbo/Literature/CRS (ILCRS)
- History/Igbo/French (HIF)
2. SOCIAL SCIENCES:
- Government/Economics/Mathematics (GEM)
- Government/ Economics /Geography (GEG)
- Literature/ Economics /Government (LEG)
- Biology/Economics/ Government (BEG)
- Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies (GLCRS)
- Biology/Government/CRS (BGCRS)
3. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES:
- Business Studies /Accounting/Mathematics (BAM)
- Mathematics/Accounting/Geography (MAG)
- Mathematics / Economics / Business Studies (MEB)
- Agricultural Science/Biology/Chemistry (ABC)
- Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics (PCM)
- Physics/Chemistry/Biology (PCB)
NOTE: The above listed subject combinations meet
the requirements (as applicable) for admission into Degree Programmes in
the Sciences , Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Arts courses in
all JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria including University of
HOW TO APPLY FOR UNN JUPEB:
Pay the application fee of N15,000.00 through Remita payment platform at
any bank. You are to generate a payment invoice which contains a remita
number; the invoice printout will enable you to make your payment at
the bank. (Please note that Bank charges apply and must be paid)
- Visit unnportal.unn.edu.ng/
- Click on the fill JUPEB, Inter University Forms.
- Click on Generate Payment Invoice under JUPEB
- Enter your telephone number and click on submit
- Enter your Surname, First name, Middle name and click on submit
- Print out your invoice and proceed to the bank
- After making payments at the bank visit the portal unnportal.unn.edu.ng/
- Click on the Fill JUPEB, Inter University Forms
- Click on fill Joint Universities Preliminary Admissions Board programme
- Enter your Remita number and click on submit
- Fill the form and attach your passport
- Color passport photograph with white background.
- The passport photograph must be recent (not earlier than 3 months
before the time of the application) and the size should not be more than
- Complete the form and click on submit
- Print out your acknowledgment slip:
- Applicants into 2016/2017 preliminary programme are advised to be
checking our website from time to time for the actual date of the
entrance examination and other relevant information.
- All candidates are required to register for 2017 direct entry UTME during the programme.
- All Candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and PERSONAL Telephone Numbers.
- The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or
within two weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed
copies of forms will be accepted.
- Applicants are to note that 2016/2017 entrance examination shall hold at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, Campus.
- Candidates are advised to follow the Application Instructions very
carefully and ensure they select the Correct SUBJECT COMBINATIONS.
Failure to do so may adversely affect the Candidate.
All the best dear.