Download complete project materials on Design And Implementation Of Computerized NABTEB Information System (Download Project) from chapter one to chapter five with references
Design and implementation of computerized NABTEB information system is a system that allows a license NABTEB staff to register necessary details about the student needed for the examination and check results at the appropriate time. The application allows the staff of NABTEB to login with authorized username and password. Also, this application is going to store the student’s data into the database for paper documentation and edit their results after upload. Therefore, the application will help to reduce the errors and omission of student’s registration. It will eliminate non existing student and enhance efficiency of student registration activity. This system will explore the power of Java programming language as its front-end (Version 8.0) and Microsoft Access as its back-end.
BRIEF HISTORY OF NABTEB
The National Business and Technical Examinations Board was established in 1992 to domesticate craft level examinations which were hitherto conducted by City & Guilds, Pittman’s, and Royal Society of Arts all of UK in accordance with the provisions of the National Policy on Education. Its establishment was the climax of an evolutionary process which spanned 15 years from 1977 to 1992 and in which FOUR Government Panels at different times were set up to review the place and structure of public examinations in our educational system.
Each of these Panels advocated and justified the multiplication of the examinations bodies, and in particular, a separate body to perform the functions which NABTEB now performs. The process began with the findings of Justice Sogbetun Commission of Enquiry (1978), which was set up in response to public outcry on perceived inefficiency and unchecked leakages of public examinations. This was followed by the Angulu Commission, which was set up as a result of WAEC’s presentation to the House of Representative on Education in 1981 in which WAEC advocated the setting up of other examination boards Committee in Nigeria “to reduce the burden of WAEC”. The third was the Okoro Panel set up in 1989 to review the Angulu Report. The forth was the Professor Akin Osiyale’s Task Force set up in 1991 “to evolve a strategy to reduce the burden of WAEC and bring about greater efficiency in the conduct of public examinations”.
The National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) under Decree 70 of 1993, and other examinations bodies were thus established. Since its establishment, the findings of the Etsu Nupe Panel (1997), the Shonekan Vision 2010 (1997) Report, and the harmonized Report of the Etsu Nupe Panel and Vision 2010 reports have supported, directly and indirectly, NABTEB’s existence. The National headquarters of the Board is located at Ikpoba Hill, P. M. B. 1747, Benin City, and Edo State. Become a Globally Acknowledged Assessment Body for Craftsmen and Technicians. NABTEB is a vision-led, mission-driven public institution with a vision:
Be a Globally Recognized Assessment and Certification Body Preparing Candidates for the World of Work and Academic/Professional Excellence.
The Board conducts the National Technical Certificate (NTC)/National Business Certificate (NBC) examinations as well as the advance level versions in the following trades/discipline:
- General Education
- Business Trades
- Engineering/Construction Trades
- Miscellaneous Trades
With its certificate being listed by the JAMB as a prerequisite for admission into tertiary institutions including the Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, enrolment has increased tremendously over the years.
The Modular Trades Certificate Examinations (MTCE) will commence in March 2004. The MTCE will service persons who wish to acquire effective capacity in components of a trade. For example,
Motor Vehicle Mechanics Work Trade (steering and braking system mechanic work module);
Catering Craft Trade (food preparation module);
Secretarial Studies Trade (typewriting 35WPM for Typist II module);
Book Keeping Trade (purchasing and supply module).
NABTEB has achieved a lot in its twelve (12) years of existence. These include:
- Membership of the International Association for Education Assessment (IAEA) and Association for Education Assessment in Africa (AEAA).
- Development of modular Curricular in Collaboration with National Board for Technical Education (NBTE),
- Building and acquisition of housing facilities for its operations nation-wide e.g. the Board’s liaison office in Abuja, the headquarters office Complex in Benin City
- Improved Staff Training, development and welfare.
- Steady development of examination administration and the full computerization of its examination operatio
This project also explain how computerization can enhance speed, efficiency and accuracy for a more productive and effective operation of NABTEB
1.1 Background of the study
This system is to be used to avoid the range of problem, mistakes in searching of records of a particular candidate in a particular school. Using this system will ease in retrieving the record of the past.
Much of this interest is derived from the general desire to provide tools and techniques to facilitate the solution of record keeping problems by the management. The ability of a computer to analyze extremely large amount of data, to enumerate many possibilities and to perform complex logical operation, suggests its potential value in the system.
This project research therefore is all about how an expert system can be used for proper record keeping of the organization. A computer program is developed to test the retrieving of the past record.
This project research shows how to store records in field specification. One of the field is used as the unique record key to refer to a school in the data base which will have easy access to the user need at a time.
- 1.1 Motivation
The case study of this particular project of National Business and Technical Education Board Nigeria to have the easy access of student record in the past and future of easy access and efficiently.
The organization uses automatic system in keeping records of the students that have registered with them in a particular year and it took them long time before gathering the student records. The automated system of the organization usually gives them problem when saving and retrieving student information in a particular time. The new software will be fast and efficient means of gathering student records within few minutes that will make the process of storing and retrieving the record of the past and recent years to be access within few minute.
1.3 Aims and objective of the study
The study is aimed at gathering all useful information or particulars which will aid in developing a computerized NABTEB information and management system that will stand a test of time and partly or totally eliminate the numerous problem of the manual system in which the organization is currently using.
It also aimed at creating a database for the record keeping so that proper inquires can be made when necessary. And it improves the security on candidate record for unwarranted and malicious handling.
- 1.4 Purpose of the study
The purpose of the project work is focused around the investigation of the different output reports being produced by the old system and the expected input and processes necessary to make a head way towards having a more efficiency system that can produces all necessary records keeping for all candidate. Within the purpose, functions are towards development and achieving the functioning of more efficient records.
- 1.5 Methodology
The software used should have a minimum of window 98 operating system for remote and stand alone computer. It uses visual basic programming language for the front end and Microsoft access as the back end.
- 1.6 The scope of the project
The scope of this project is to store candidate’s information and data should be stored in the database correctly. The system should be able to produce the correct record of every candidate and should be able to access candidate information efficiently and effectively at any time.
- 1.7 Expected contribution to knowledge
This project will enhance a liable source of getting candidate information. A better means of storage which can be access instantly at every time it is needed. Waste of time will be no more in the organization because only what is needed is the registration number to access the record.
- NABTEB should implement the issue of guardian and cancelling board to each school to guide all the student in the school.
- Eeach student should go to their various guardians for counseling and to guide him before registering any subject to the senior section of the school.
- The records that has been stored in the database should be backup in a separate hard disk for reference purpose because the record
The output result being produces by the system input and processes of the output is necessary to make way forwards having a more efficient record keeping for all candidates
- 1.8 Definition of terms
- § Computer: – Computer is an electronic device that accepts input as raw fact (data) process it and gives out information as output for a meaningful decision making.
- § Hard disk: – Hard disk is a magnetic disk on which computer data can be stored.
- § Data: – Data are row fact of information that has not been processed. It consists of facts and figures that are relatively meaningless to the user.
- § Information: – Information is a processed data used for meaningful decision making
- § Field: – Field is a collection of information organized in such a way that a computer program can quickly select the desired process of data.
- § Storage: – Storage is a device where information can be kept or it’s a device that holds information and also retains information.
- § Access: – Access is the ability to read or write data to a mass storage device.
- § Database: – Database is simply a collection of facts or information organized in such a way that a computer program can quickly select desired data.
- Registration number is a personal number given to particular candidates that register with the board.
- Year this is the year that the student is registered in the board.