For millions of Nigerians who has been looking for a better way to be identified. I will like to introduce you to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). How To register online and offline, the registration portal, Closing date, How to check whether your NIMC card is ready, pick up Centers and all.
For those of us who has been so much worried to know the meaning and which body constitutes NIMC, I’m pleased to inform you that the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) is the Federal Government Agency established by the NIMC Act No. 23 of 2007, to create, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database, register citizens and legal residents, assign unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue National Identity Cards to those registered individuals.
DOWNLOAD NOW.:- This JAMB CBT Practice Software Can Make You Pass 2018 UTME With Above 280. DOWNLOAD FREE
What Would I Do With National ID Card?
We are currently in a world where every citizen is meant to be easily identified at any point in time. In recent, bank cheques cannot be written in your favour if you have no National ID card, voters card, driving license or international passport as a means of identification.
Aside from this four, no other card is allowed as a means of identification in many cases.
The National ID card is the most easiest one to get among the four. Voters card registration is just once in every four years to register. Driving license is expensive and may not be useful for someone who owns no car.
The international passport is also very expensive and if you don’t have intention of traveling out of the country any time soon, you may not need it.
The National ID card also known as NIMS is free and essy to get enrolled. Its the best means of Identifying an individual as a Nigerian. Whether in a bank or in any other corporate environment where your identity may be questioned.
Do You Applied for 2017 N-POWER? This is how to check the list of successful shortlisted candidates
So how do I enroll for National ID card in Nigeria?
To enroll for National ID in Nigeria through NIMC, there are few steps you need to take. Following this procedures will not only store your information in the country’s database, but also will issue you a means of identification in form of an ID card.
There are two ways for you to enroll yourself for NIMC. The two procedures are explained below:
- Using Manual Enrollment Form At The Center: This is one of the easiest ways to register for NIMC in Nigeria. All it requires you to do is going to any registration center in your area. Obtain the manual enrollment form, fill it and submit it to the attendant who will input your details into the system.Thereafter, you would be subjected to biometric capturing for proper identification. At the end of this, you will be given a temporary NIMC card as evidence of registration. The temporary NIMC card can also be used in several places as a means of identification.
The only disadvantage of this method of registration is the waste of time. Since you are just going to the center to be enrolled online, the server may be busy, bad network, weak connectivity and less numbers of officials to attend to you.
In this case, you will have to wait for hours before you got yourself enrolled for National ID card.
- Online Enrollment Method: This is one of the easiest way to register. All you need to do is to get yourself enrolled at home before going to the center for biometric capturing. You can go to any cafe or business center to do your online registration.All you need to do is to visit NIMC online registration portal, input all your biodata and submit. Then print out all the enrollment form which you are expected to take to any NIMC registration center for biometric capturing.
This is so fast and easy because you already registered online. The capturing wont take you more than five minutes to complete.
Required Documents For NIMC Registration/Enrollment
- Birth certificate
- State of origin certificate
- NIMC online enrolment form
- Any means of identification
Thereafter the registration, you would be given a temporary registration slip as evidence of Successful enrollment for national ID card.
How To Check If Your Permanent National ID CARD is Ready
As soon as your card is ready for collection, you would be notified and informed of the pick up center. To check whether your National ID card is ready visit https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/
your national identity card is ready, but you do not know it. According
to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), if you registered
for the national ID card a long time ago, then you can check if it is
ready online.There is now an online platform where you can check the status of your
identity card using the following simple steps:
1. Visit NIMC center: https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/
2. Then click the proceed button
3. Now, fill in your first name, last name and your Naitional
Identification Number and hit the ‘check now button’ Read more: https://www.naij.com/1100230-this-check-national-id-card-ready-pick-up.html#1100230
PASS 2018 UTME WITH 280+ .:- DOWNLOAD the JAMB CBT Software Used By SAMUEL Last Year to Score 298 in UTME HERE
ADS: WISH TO STUDY ABROAD?:- STUDY, WORK AND LIVE IN UK or USA in 2018, FILL Application Form HERE NOW
TIRED OF JAMB?: Gain Admission To 200Level Without Jamb-UTME Through IJMB or JUPEB Program, Any University, Any Course. Forms Now On Sale.08027204345, 08032494303