In case JUPEB is new to you and you don’t know how to go about it, you can read my article title, ‘meaning of JUPEB, how to apply and the importance HERE’
JUPEB/IJMB Cut Off Marks For Courses For Admission In Nigeria
Now that you’ve completed your JUPEB/IJMB program and your result is out. It is normal to be worried on knowing what the cut off marks for the university and course you wanna apply will look like. Scoring a high point in JUPEB/IJMB exam is not as important as knowing which University in Nigeria will accept your point and offer you admission.
The reality is that, JUPEB required point for admission is different from schools to schools and from courses to courses. This all depends on the your university of choice policy on admission into 200level through.
Universities Minimum Cut off Mark for JUPEB
JUPEB total point is 15, for you to gain admission into any of the Nigerian Universities, you must atleast scored up to 5points in your exam. Though, some Universities will not consider anything less than 7points on average.
Kindly be aware that many universities have stipulated minimum of passes
(i.e. grades E) in two(2) subjects among the three(3) subjects on offer,
you will realize that general performance in the examination rather
suggests these universities admit students with higher grades.
JUPEB Cut Off Marks for Various Courses
- Faculty Of Science: IJMB/JUPEB cut off marks points for any science, paramedical, administrative course is 6 points and above
- Faculty of Medical Sciences: Medicine, students must have at least 12 points and above to
gain admission to study Medicine in Nigerian universities that offer the
course with JUPEB (other examination will still be conducted for
Medicine students after meeting the required point with JUPEB) (OAU
requires nothing less than 13 points)
- Faculty of Engineering: The IJMB/JUPEB cut off marks for Engineering courses, A/level Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry for Industrial Chemistry is 8 points and above
- Faculty of Social Sciences: JUPEB cut off marks for Social Sciences/Administrative Courses is a minimum 7 points and above
- Faculty of Law: The cut off marks for Law in IJMB/JUPEB is 13 points, candidates must
have a minimum of 13 points to be able to gain admission with JUPEB into
200 level to study Law in those universities that offer the course and
that accept JUPEB.
- Faculty of Art: Candidates must have at least 5 points for Religious Studies,
Languages, and most of the Courses in Arts Faculty and Agriculture.
Faculty of management sciences is similar to that of social sciences.
Kindly note that, the cut off mark for IJMB/JUPEB is also similar to that of IJMB and other A’levels exams.