Do you want to apply for agriculture Economics and you don’t the JAMB subject combination? Are you wondering weather your O’level is complete for it? Do you want to apply for direct entry into Agriculture Economics? If yes….below are what you need.
O’Level Requirments For Agricultural Economics In nigerian UniversitiesFive SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and one of Geography, Physics and Economics.
JAMB Subject Combination For Agricultural Economics In nigerian Universities
Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science and Mathematics or Physics
Direct Entry Admission Requirements For Agriculture Economics
(i) UNN accept
- (a) Two ‘A’ level passes (London/Cambridge/Cameroon) (in Chemistry and any of Biology/Botany/Zoology/Agricultural Science. Economics, Physics Geography/Geology, Mathematics (Pure & Applied) in addition to UTME entry requirements.
- (b) OND/NCE/HND and Degree holders in Agricultural Science/Animal Health and related fields with a minimum of Lower Credit (Merit) in addition to UTME Entry requirements.
(ii) OAU accepts:
- (a) Two `A’ level passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/ Botany/ Agricultural Science/ Biology, Mathematics, Physics, or Economics.
- (b) HND/OND in Agriculture obtained at upper creditlevel from recognized Institution.
(iii) BENIN accepts Merit in ND (Upper credit)/HND (Lower credit) in any one of Agric-Economics, Agric-Ext., and Cooperatives, Fisheries, Forestry & Wildlife Mgt., Geology, Advanced Microbiology, Food and Brewing Sc., Science Lab. Tech. plus UTME requirements. NCE in Agric. Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics (overall merit pass) plus UTME requirements. Does not accept ‘A’ level pass in Health Science.
(iv) DELSU accepts Upper credit only. DELSU also accepts NCE (Credit) in Agric Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
(v) OOU accepts:
- (a) Credit pass in OND (Agric) into 100 level.
- (b) requires ‘A’ level pass in both Chemistry and Biology.
(iii) OND (Distinction), HND (credit), NCE (Double major) at credit level in Agric.
(vi) IMSU accepts NCE, OND/HND (Double major in Agric with at least a credit level pass into 200 level of the programme.
(vii) UMUDIKE as in Agriculture.
(viii) MAKURDI accepts OND/HND/NCE in Agric, Agric. Science and Education, Forestry, Home Economics, Food Science and wildlife who posses UTME requirements. Candidates with a credit in only one of Mathematics and Physics must at least have a pass in the other.
(ix) DELSU accepts OND/HND (Upper credit) only.
(x) FUTO requires at least two A’ level passes not below Grade C in Chemistry and any one of Zoology, Botany, Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Economics. It also accepts Upper Credit OND/HND in Agricultural Science but does not accept First Degree and NCE. Candidates must in additionmeet the UTME O’ level requirements.
(xi) UNIOSUN same as in Fisheries.
(xii) LAUTECH requires Chemistry, Biology/agric. Science and any one of Physics/Economics /Geography.
(xii) FUNAAB accepts:
- (a) Two ‘A’ level credit in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science, Biology, Mathematics/Physics.
- (b) HND/OND in Agriculture obtained at upper credit level from a recognized institution.
- (c) NCE in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics (minimum of credit) plus UTME requirement.