Animal production and health services is one of the courses offer in faculty of agriculture in most Nigerian Universities. Often times, applicants don’t know what are the subjects combination they should register in JAMB. Therefore, make serious mistakes which always stop them from gaining admission.
With this post, I will tell you the JAMB subject combination for animal production and health services, tell you the O’levl subject requirements and also tell the direct entry applicants what they actually needed as well. I believe, this will prevent you from making simple mistakes that will make you to be asking for change of subjects later.
JAMB Subject Combination For Animal Production And Health Service In Universities
- English Language, Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science and Physics/Mathematics.
O’level Credit requirements For Animal Production And Health Service In Universities
- Five SSCE credit passes in Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology/Agric Science, Physics and English Language.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements Into Animal Production And Health Service In Universities
i) BAUCHI, FUTO and MINNA accept NCE, OND, HND with overall credit passes in each of the Agric components of the programme or a minimum of Lower Credit plus four ‘O’ level credit passes in relevant subjects. FUTO does not accept NCE.
(ii) IBADAN and FUTO require two of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and OND/HND in Agriculture or Animal Health and Husbandry.
(iii) EKSU, MAKURDI and UMUDIKE – Same as in Agric Economics.
(iv) FUTO and EKSU – As in Agric Economics & Extension and does not accept NCE.
- (a) accepts credit pass in OND (Agric) to 100 level programme
- (b) requires ‘A’ level pass in both Chemistry and Biology,
(vi) ADSU accepts OND (distinction), HND (credit), NCE (double major) at credit level in Agric.
(vii) NDU – Same as in Fisheries Technology.
(viii) LAUTECH requires ND with Upper Credit/HND/NCE at Credit Level in relevant subjects, (Plus
UTME requirements) may be considered for admission into 200 Level
(ix) FUNAAB accepts:
- (a) Two A’ level credit passes in Chemistry and one of Zoology/Botany/Agricultural Science/Biology, Mathematics or Physics.
- (b) ND/HND (Upper credit) in Agriculture from a recognised institution in any one of Animal Sciences, Animal Production and Health, Husbandry, Agric-Economics, Fisheries and Forestry and Wildlife Management plus UTME requirements.
- (c) NCE in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry or Physics (credit) plus UTME requirements.
(x) FUTA may admit candidates into the second year (200 level) of the programme through direct entry if they have a National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit or equivalent from recognized Polytechnics and Colleges of Technology in relevant disciplines (agricultural sciences). Such candidates are also expected to meet the requirements for UTME admission. Also candidates who possess GCE (A/L) or equivalent with passes in at least two of the following subjects are eligible for admission: Physics, Chemistry and Biology may be considered for admission into 200 level.
(xi) JABU requires Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Sci and any others from Economics, Physics, Geography and Mathematics. OND/NCE Upper credit in relevant areas.
- (i) CRUTECH, EKSU, MAKURDI and UNIZIK accept a pass in Physics.
- (ii) ADSU, FUTO and BAUCHI accept a pass in Physics with a credit pass in Mathematics or vice-versa.
- (iii) UNIZIK accepts a pass in English Language. A credit pass in Mathematics or a pass in Physics or vice versa.
(iv) FUTO – As in Agric Economics & Extension.