(a) Basic (IJMB) Studies Programme
Updated on 11/11/2016: ABU Remedial Admission list For 2016/2017 is OUT. Check HERE to see whether you have been admitted.
1. ABU Zaria Pre-Degree Application Admission Requirements
i. Candidates for this programme must possess a minimum offive (5) credits including English Language and Mathematics in not more than two sittings with any of the following subject combinations:
BS1: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
BS2: Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics;
BS3: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics;
BS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics;
BS5: Mathematics, Geography, Physics.
ii. Candidates admitted for the Basic Studies Programme are also expected to register for 2018 JAMB Direct Admission.
iii. The duration of the Basic Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
(b) List Of ABU Zaria Remedial Programme Coursesi. Candidates for this programme must possess at least three (3) credits in science subjects (in not more than one sitting) with any of the under listed subject combinatns and any two passes at ‘O’ level in the other subjects offered in the school.
RS1: Biology, Chemistry, Geography;
RS2: Biology, Chemistry, Physics;
RS3: Biology, Geography, Physics;
RS4: Chemistry, Geography, Physics.
ii. Candidates admitted for the Remedial Studies must register and pass at credit level the SSCE or NECO in the subjects they are deficient.
iii. Candidates must also register for the 2017/2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the minimum pass mark approved by the Federal Government and must choose Ahmadu Bello University as first choice.
iv. The duration of the Remedial Studies Programme is twelve (12) months only.
2. How To Apply For ABU Admission For Pre-Degree
To register, candidates are required to follow the procedures below:
- Go to the SBRS e-forms portal at sbrs.abu.edu.ng/eforms
- Click on the TRANSANCTION-ID link to create your account and generate your unique transaction-ID. Please do not forget your log-in ID and Password.
- Print out your payment slip and proceed to any of the designated banks and make payment.
- Go back to the portal and log in with your ID and password to fill and submit your form.
- Applicants are required to pay the sum of N4,500.00 (four thousand five hundred naira) only which covers the cost of form, screening and pre-admission test expenses. This amount is exclusive of a bank administrative charge of N200.00 (two hundred naira).
The designated banks for the exercise are:
Zenith Bank Plc.
First Bank of Nigeria, Plc.
United Bank For Africa, Plc.
Guarantee Trust Bank, Plc.
Unity Bank, Plc.
ABU MicroFinance Bank.
Please note that payment should only be made through the designated banks listed above.
Pre-Admission Screening Test
Pre-admission test will commence from Monday 17th October, 2016 to Friday 22nd October, 2016.
Application ends Friday 7th October, 2016.
All The best.