This is not new, but I think I need to talk about this as it continue to create more confusion among Nigerian University and Polytechnics applicants for 2016/2017 session. In a recent developments, JAMB released a “No Post UTME” admission policy and expected all Institutions in Nigeria to follow it.
Thereafter, Jamb released what we called “2016/2017 JAMB admission screening guidelines
” and all schools must abide by it. Therefore promised to sanction any school that default. Few days after this, precisely, on Monday this week, JAMB uploaded the lists of qualified applicants whose names has been forwarded to their various Universities of choice for admission screening consideration.
Few checked and were lucky to see their names, while a lot are still hanging on the internet to know why their names were completely omitted from the list of recommended students. I personally, I’ve answered a lot of questions in relation to this, as many applicants called to know why and what are the criteria for for been recommended? Though, most of my responds was that, its and ongoing process and everybody would soon be uploaded.
Do you know the criteria? Can you tell me why someone with 240 is yet to be recommended while someone with 180 is? In the same school under the same department?
Below Are Few Of The Possible Criteria I can Suggest
Note: No doubt that your schools selection is the first criteria used to post you to the school for screening because we are yet to receive any report that any students has been posted to other institution different from what he/she selected in JAMB. These are other things we need to consider.
1) Jamb Cut Off Mark: As far as Jamb is concerned, for you to be recommended for admission, you must have scored 180 or above in the last UTME. Once you got that, you are qualified to be recommended for admission screening. This is because officially, Jamb cut off mark is 180. You and I know that. So why is everyone that scored 180 and above not yet recommended? Cut it be…No 2?
2) School Cut Off Marks: We are in a country where one school thinks its better than the other and therefore increased its JAMB cut off marks a bit above what Jamb has recommended. University like UNIBEN, UI, UNILAG, and OAU will not give any applicant with less than 200 in Jamb the opportunity to participate in their screening. While most other schools will do. If you choose any of these Universities and you scored less than 200, am sorry you might not be posted for admission screening by Jamb.
Though, we still have people who scored above 200 and are yet to be posted to these schools…Confused? Wait……. It could be No 3.
3) School Departmental Cut Off Marks: University like Unilorin where I graduated from accepts 180, but not in all courses. As a matter of fact, some courses required up to 235-240 to be eligible for admission. Such as Masscom and Medicine, Law, Engineering and Accounting (my own department). So if you scored 180, but chose any of these courses, am sorry Jamb may not recommend you for admission. Though they may later recommend you for another course. Or what do you think?
4) Catchment Area: We always claim we are one Nigeria, but unfortunately we still use catchment area to determine our admission policy. What is catchment area please? who established it? Why do we have to believe in which State you come from before we can offer you admission into a Federal or state institutions? Does it really matters? Do you think catchment area is one of the criteria used in this posting? I No No oooooOO.
5) O ‘Level Result: I believe you can still remember that you submitted you O’Level result while you were filling your Jamb form, could it be that Jamb is considering that? Is it part of the criteria? What about applicants with awaiting result?
6) Connection and Follow Up: Some of our readers called me and she was crying that she has been moody since Monday. She then asked me why is it that, everything in Nigeria is connection, and follow up. I was just smiling and I told her, nothing like connection really worked here. I have many applicants who know nobody and were recommended for screening. Or what do you think dear?
7) Luck: Do you think its just a matter of who get luck?
What do you think was used? Personally, I believed they will continue to upload names until everyone who is qualified get a placement. Just relax. Smiling….
I will continue to write, to educate, encourage, and inform you with update on the issue of admission this year. Subscribe to our email list to receive my daily post, or check back always.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends.
Am sure JAMB will recommend you for admission soon…Insha Allah.
Take care dear.
PASS 2018 UTME WITH 280+ .:- DOWNLOAD the JAMB CBT Software Used By SAMUEL Last Year to Score 298 in UTME HERE
ADS: WISH TO STUDY ABROAD?:- STUDY, WORK AND LIVE IN UK or USA in 2018, FILL Application Form HERE NOW
TIRED OF JAMB?: Gain Admission To 200Level Without Jamb-UTME Through IJMB or JUPEB Program, Any University, Any Course. Forms Now On Sale.08027204345, 08032494303