On Wednesday 2 of June 2016, the Minister of education with Jamb top officials at the Joint policy meeting concluded that, the conduct of Post UTME by higher institutions in Nigeria should stop conducting, entrance exam for all its applicant. Thereafter, they set the 2016/2017 UTME cut off marks to 180. Therefore, henceforth, all Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of educations in Nigeria will no longer conduct post UTME for their applicants to grant admission.
Reasons For Scrapping Of Post UTME In Nigerian Higher Institutions
Ever before now, so many people including parents, activists and UTME applicants has called for the scraping of post UTME due to so many reasons which includes:
1) Additional Expenses: After payment of Jamb fee, Jamb applicants are still subjected to another entrance exam which they will have to pay for. Some students will have to travel across 2 or 3 States to another State because they are going for post UTME.
2) Risk Of Life: We’ve had issues before where applicants travel and had accidents. So due all these nature of stress and risk of life applicants are been subjected to during post UTME, a lot of people condemn it and called for its cancellation.
3) Jamb Is Credible Enough: What post UTME simply means is that, Jamb result is not credible enough to be used in granting admission into various Universities. Various Universities across Nigeria believed that there are lot of malpractices in the conduct of Jamb which could not make them based their admission on it. Though, so many people people Jamb is credible enough to handle it and that actually what the minister of education also said.
Admission Without Post UTME
This is one of the issue that has been on various forum since the announcements. Everyone wants to know, on what basis will admission be given? Could it be just Jamb result? or plus applicants O level? This is still subject to schools’ discretion though.
Few of the problems we are likely to face with regards to admission without post UTME are highlighted below:
1) Gaining Admission Becomes So Tough And Competitive: Jamb set the 2016/2017 Jamb cut off to 180 and we are all aware that so many applicants scored far above 180. How sure are we that all of the applicants that scored above 180 will gain admission to their school of choice? What this means is that, competition set in, and people will start lobbying to gain admission.
2) Not Favorable To Hardworking Students: Some applicants will now base everything on luck. Since they are sure that the cut off mark will not be more than 180, they will not be prepared. They can easily score 180 and above and capitalize on connection to gain admission. So many qualified applicants would be left unadmitted.
3) Most Universities Will Increase Their Cut Off Marks: Most of the Universities that accepts 180 before will have to increase it. Some may even go as far as 230-240 for you to be qualified for admission. What is now the hope of applicants who had studied hard to score 200 or I99? No hope right?
Do You Think Admission would be based on merit? Whats tour take on this?
PASS 2018 UTME WITH 280+ .:- DOWNLOAD the JAMB CBT Software Used By SAMUEL Last Year to Score 298 in UTME HERE
ADS: WISH TO STUDY ABROAD?:- STUDY, WORK AND LIVE IN UK or USA in 2018, FILL Application Form HERE NOW
TIRED OF JAMB?: Gain Admission To 200Level Without Jamb-UTME Through IJMB or JUPEB Program, Any University, Any Course. Forms Now On Sale.08027204345, 08032494303