Download complete project material on Marketing Research As A Survival Instrument For Small Scale Enterprises from chapter one to five
This research work treats marketing research as instrument in the success of small-scale enterprises. The statement of problem of this study deems it fit to verify and investigate application of marketing research. Concept in small-scale enterprises. This project also wants to look at marketing research if it can serve as tools effectively and efficiently and also if there is any room for improvement. The objective of the study is endeavoured to examined the problem involved in application of marketing research in small-scale enterprises.
The research methodology of this study is based on primary and secondary data, the research at the Global Soap and Detergent Industries covers all the departments in the organization, the population size comprises 75 workers and only 40 staff Sample size was selected, this study adopts simple percentage technique to present and analyze.
The data gathered via questionnaire, the test and re-test method was also employed in the study to determine the reliability of the data collected from the respondents.
Based on the findings, the study has empirically investigated marketing research as a variable in small-scale enterprises; it reveals that marketing research has an advisory role in the organization.
It can be used to acquire and analyze information and to make recommendation as to know how marketing problems can be solved the information received has enabled the management to evaluate and appraise the performance of the enterprises.
Lastly, from the information gathered and received from the research, it was discovered that marketing research is very essential as a tool, which can bring about the successful of small-scale enterprises.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Objective of the Study
1.4 Scope of the Study
1.5The Significance of the study
1.6 limitations of the study
1.7 Historical Background of Global Soap and Detergent
1.8 Definitions of terms
2.1 Brief History of Marketing
2.2 Marketing Research in Perspective
2.3 Sources of Marketing Research Information
2.4 The Importance of Marketing Research
2.5 Barriers to the Use of Marketing Research
2.6 Meaning of Small-Scale Enterprises
2.7 Types of Small-Scale Enterprises
2.8 Problems of Small-Scale Enterprises
2.9 Measures taken by Government to Enhance Small-Scale Enterprises
2.10 Procedures of Market Research and Small- Scale Enterprises
2.11 Some Areas of Marketing Research
2.12 Limitation of Marketing Research
3.2 Methods of Data Collection
3.3 Population Size
3.4 Population Sample
3.5 Method of Data Analysis
3.6 Validity and Reliability of Research Instrument Used
DATA PRESENTATION ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION
4.1Analysis of the Response by the Staff of Global Soap and Detergent Industries Limited
4.2 Test of Hypothesis
SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE STUDY
5.1Summary of the Study
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The world of business today is rapidly changing and only a fast growing organization and individual keeps pace with these changes.
Perhaps, the complexity involved in business activities technological changes makes business executives or individual to go to bed late and wake up early. As such for survival and growth of small-scale enterprises, specialist and experts work extremely, using research on marketing as a source of collecting vital information which will lead to the success of small-scale enterprises.
In respect of information gathered, research also analyzes channels of distribution and making communication net. In addition, the economic crisis have created ken completion among enterprises have to consciously adjust to the changing need of the society.
Marketing research is a fact-finding process logical and essential for successful marketing in good decision making and adaptability.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
It is important for small-scale enterprises to understand and fully appropriate the importance of the principles of marketing research.
From experience small-scale enterprises are provided to suit the need of customers by providing a service and products that are desired by the customers.
This can be properly achieved through marketing research. in practice, there is virtual neglect of the customers who should be their focal points of satisfaction.
- Is the application of marketing research to small-scale enterprises effective and efficient in identifying area where bad policy and bad decision are taken?
- Is there any specific or significant difference on the level of product in Global Soap and Detergent Nigeria Limited and other small-scale enterprises?
- Is there room for improvement on the performance of Global Soap and 1etergent Production and or the manner in which services are offered?
- Will marketing in which research information and initiative on small-scale enterprises are applied be able to identify the present desire of the customers, such that the enterprises will keep pace with changes, grow and develop very well.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
To this end, the main objectives are to examine marketing research as a variable used for the success of small-scale enterprises and objectives of this study are as follows:
- To examine the probe involved in application of marketing research in small-scale enterprises.
- To examine the relationship between decision-making and marketing research.
- To examine the scales of activities whether if conforms with the existing companies target market and also an aspect of marketing research.
- To examine the external environment of small-scale enterprises within which it operated and also putting into consideration economic environment at present and future.
- To examine the prices and output of small-scale enterprises in different market situation.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this research work is to highlight the importance of marketing research as a variable for a successful small-scale enterprise. It also dwells extensively on the relationship between decision making, marketing research is applied to small-scale enterprises with reference to Global Soap and Detergent Industry Limited, Ilorin, Kwara State.
Moreso, this research also study the external environment and its operation in a highly competitive Nigerians up coming small-scale enterprises and the effect of those competitive action on small-scale enterprise. a. To examine the probe involved in application of marketing research in small-scale enterprise.
1.5 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The importance of this study is as follows: it will help small-scale enterprises to produce or offer services that are desired by customers. This study will give information that is important for the development of small-scale enterprises.
This study will identify the strength and weakness of enterprises and to know its threats and opportunities.
This study also gives a financial planning procedure with an effective feedback mechanism for an organization to accomplish its
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
To carry out a research work successfully is a great achievement, because it is faced with several constrains or set back. Some of the problems encountered are as follows:
- The attitude of some workers in the reception were insulting and frustrating just to see the manager to discuss our mission to the organization. The receptionist will look at you scornfully and ask you to sit and wait for the manager endlessly.
b. In distributing the questionnaire and to the point of collection it tool is many weeks and even we could not retrieve all.
c. Yet, despite our letter of introduction and the presentation of our identification cares to them as final year students carrying out a research works, some of the staff could not release vital information for the fear that it would get to the hand of their rivals or competitors.
- A large proportion of time was taken away by lecturers and other important assignment in school, which limited the tithe that would have been used in concentrating on the research work.
- Finally, the most important problems was finance due to the distance of the enterprises chosen as a case study, a lot of amount was spent on transportation.