Accounting and Banking and Finance are both sister departments of administration and therefore, I will like to discuss their post graduate admission requirements together. Therefore, what are the admission requirement into post graduate program in Accounting and banking and finance in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria?
ABU ACCOUNTING AND BANKING POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least third class degree from Ahmadu Bello University or any other recognized University
2. HND with a minimum of lower Credit in Accountancy, Business Administration/Management, and Banking and Finance from recognized Polytechnic.
3. Applicants that reach high managerial position in the financial sector with good degree in other fields would also be considered.
Masters of Banking and Finance (MBF) Admission Requirements of the Programme:
1. Candidates with at least second-class degree (Lower Division) in Accounting, Business or Economics from Ahmadu Bello University or any recognized university.
2. Candidates with Postgraduate diploma in Accounting and finance from Ahmadu Bello University with a minimum of merit.
3. In addition, candidates with HND in Accounting or Banking and Finance or third class degree in Accounting from a recognized Institution or with a Professional qualification from recognized professional body (i.e. ICAN or ANAN) may be considered.
M. Sc Accounting and Finance Admission Requirement of the Programme:
1. Bachelor of Science at Second Class Upper level and above in Accounting and other eligible disciplines from a recognized University.
2. In exceptional cases candidates with a high Bachelor of Science at Second Class Lower level in Accounting from a recognized University with a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience and evidence of scholarship.
3. Candidates with MBA/MBF degree (in addition to 1st Degree) in Accounting from a recognized University with cumulative average of at least 3.5 in a 5.0 point scale or 3.0 in 4.0 point system or average of B in A-E Scale.
4. In addition, candidates with good M. Sc degree in Banking & Finance or Economics from a recognized University, however such candidates will be required to take some prerequisite courses at the appropriate level.
Ph. D Accounting and Finance Admission requirements of the programme:
Candidates with an M. Sc degree in Accounting and Finance from Ahmadu Bello University or any recognized university are admissible into the Programme.
I Hope This Helps?